Rocky Fork Ohio
We are a non-profit that provides opportunities to experience and learn about the outdoors in a fun and exciting way. Participating in outdoor activities enhance our understanding of the inner-relationships of nature. This promotes us to problem solve the use of technology to benefit our watershed and us.
Rocky Fork’s Goals:
- Provide opportunities to encourage our youth, families, and community members to explore the outdoors
- Develop and enhance problem solving skills by understanding the relationships of the outdoor world
- Promote the use of technology that benefits us and our Watershed
We believe in the development of awareness for all watersheds, we use our own Rocky Fork Creek Watershed as a starting point.
Rocky Fork Creek Watershed is famous for geological features:
• Bedford formation, Berea sandstone, and Sunbury shale 320-360 million years ago
• These where all deposited in an ocean that covered most of Ohio about 12,000 years ago due to glaciations’
• The shallow ocean had a depth of 100’ to 1000’, today’s average ocean have a depth of 11,500”